Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sick

I haven't posted in over week because I have been sick with a cold. The last time I was sick was last september so that is a very long stretch for me to be cold free. I ran sunday, monday, and tuesday of last week and took the rest of the week off. I called to to burn with the US Park Service on friday and that hasn't helped me get over this cold. Last sunday I ran probably the best long run of my life to date. I ran with Tony and Jeff Burkhart in Hudson for a total of 15 miles. The goal was to go 2 hours but i ended up running 15 miles in 94 minutes which is just under 6:20 pace. What made it more impressive to me was it was rainy, windy, about 37 degrees out, and i had just done a hard track workout the day before. I do believe now that run in that weather is what caused me to get sick.

I just got done with an easy 5.5 miles today. I had planned on running 90mins but it was cold/windy/rainy out again. My legs felt great and the mind was willing but the rest of my body especially my lungs told me to take it easy.

Last Sat:
3 mile Wup 1x3mile tempo in 16:30, 800m jog, 6x400m at 10k-HM pace with 200m jog between( I alternated running every other 400m with Tony since he did 2x3miles) CD back to the house for a total of 12miles

Week: 100miles

Last Sunday: hilly 15miles/94mins. Ran around hudson with Tony and Jeff. They took me on every hill possible.

The goals this week is to just get the boday healthy and feeling normal again. I would like to get one workout in this week if I am feeling better, most likly at the end of the week. My next race will be the TCM 1 mile a week from thrusday. I am doing this race just as something fun and fast. If I have to get sick I would rather it be now then at the end of May when Marathon focoused training will begin.

Also I would like to say congrats to my gf Denise who threw a lifetime best yesterday in the discus even though she has a pinched nerve in her back.

No comments:

Post a Comment