Sunday, May 24, 2009

Another Week

Running has been going good this week. Thrusday I ran with Justin and his brother on Shopko trials. There was a moutain bike race going on and I will have to remember this in the future if I run in the evening on Thrusdays. Friday was another solid run on shopko trials followed with a 10min ice bath in the South Fork on campus. This summer I not only want to get in more mobility drills but also try to ice three to four times a week if possible. Saturday morning I had thought about doing 10x400m with 400m jog at 5k pace or a little faster but decided to do just a light tune-up workout before racing on monday. I decided to do 4x400m faster than 5k pace with 400m jog. This workout was done once a week during cc and track season in college cutting down the recovery over the course of the season and progressing with faster 400m repeats times. The workout went very well. It was a perfect morning with a light rain during the warm up and no wind during the workout. It was a little humid but it was cool enough the humidty felt good. Ended up with times of 71,70,69,68 all with 400m jog at 7am at the end of a 97mile week mostly run by myself.



The goals for this week is to get a good solid race in monday and one or two workouts later in the week. I would like to hit around 110 miles this week. The race shoudl be quick tomorrow and very deep and I am looking forward to getting after it in my first real race in two months. I will give a race report tomorrow.



Thrusday:

AM:4miles

PM:10.5 miles/71mins



Friday

AM:12miles/78mins



Saturday: 3miles Wup 4x400m with 400m jog (71,70,69,68) 3mile CD Total: 8miles



Week

No comments:

Post a Comment