Saturday, May 30, 2009

Dropped and

So Thrusday after an easy 4 miles in the morning I head out to Willow River State Park for a run with Finch, Tony, Mike Reanu, Ed, and Wynn. I was told the pace was going to be easy but we always end up rolling the hilly 10 mile loop in a good time. I PRed for the loop in 64:20 and was about a minute behind everyone else. Had stomach issues and had to take a pit stop which is ok. Didn't feel the hottest after the run but a nice 15min ice bath made the body feel better. I know being at the beach in the sun for a few hours before the run didn't help but oh well.

Friday I did an easy 12miles in the morning with shopko trials in there in 82mins and easy/windy 4miles when i got home from work at 530. Went to bed last night with the legs feeling a little soar and woke up this morning ready to do a workout. Instead of doing 6x1000 at 10k-HM pace I did 16x200m in 33-35 with 200m recover jog between each. Did this workout on hell's highway which is an ashphalt/gravel old railroad bed on campus. I did the workout on the gravel portion and my friend Shad did the warm up me and every 4th 200 with me. Shad is coming back from injury and it was nice to have someone there for even part of the workout. All the 200s were 35 or faster with a couple at 34 and 33 towards the end. each 400m total time was about 83-85sec so the overall pace of the run was good. Overall good speed/farlick seasion.

Thursday
AM: 4miles
PM: 10 miles/64:20 (Willow River State Park)

Friday
AM: 12miles/82mins
PM 4miles WINDY

Saturday
3.5mile Wup 16x200m (35sec-33sec) with 200m jog 4 mile CD Total: 11.5miles

Total for the week 100miles (one 5k race, two medium/steady paced runs, one speed/farleck)

No comments:

Post a Comment