Sunday, March 15, 2009

Another Week

Haven't posted in a while and nothing to report on the running fromt other than hopefully getting fitter and sore shin muscles fom walking 3 miles ith 45 lb weight vest to pass my wildland fire fighter fitness test.

Wednesday
AM: 10miles/70mins treadmill. Wind and below zero out
PM: 4 miles outside

Thrusday
AM: 4 miles
PM: 11 total (45mins with 2x8min tempos at 530pace; 1x800m 10k pace 2:38 200m jog 4x200m 36,36,35,34 with 100m jog and cool down)

Friday
AM: 4miles
PM: 12miles/85mins ( windy/nice out ran around town and a little bit on trials)

Saturday
AM: 4 miles
PM: 3 mile walk with 45 lb weight vest in 41mins

Total for the week: 82miles (Short of goal but building back up after down week legs feel good)

Sunday: 4miles shin muscles realy sore from fitness test.

The goal this week is to get in 95 miles with two solid workouts. One on the track and another with a combination of hills and some tempoing. I have signed up to run the Human Race 8k a week from today. Everyone keeps telling me I am in shape but i don't feel it/ or race sharpness. I think all of the training/mileage I have been doing has given me a numb feeling as to how fit I realy am. Tomorrow the plan is to get 12-14 for the main run with possible 2 miles on the track at marathon goal pace 540-600min miles. I know it is the day before a workout but it won't be super fast and I just want to get a feel for the outdoor track again.

No comments:

Post a Comment