Sunday, March 22, 2009

Tired but Ready

This afternoon I am running only my secnd race since I started training fro twin cities in the fall. The race is in St. Paul, MN and is called the Human Race 8k. I have t goals: The first is to PR (it is only 28:40 which i know isn't the greatest), the second gal is to try and run 530 miles or faster the whole way (have a finnishing time around 27:30). This wuld be a hudge imprvement considering only in the last two weeks have I started doing fast work geared towards 5k-10k. I will post later tonight the results. Here is the rest of the weeks training.

Thrusday
AM: 12miles/83mins (8xhill next to AGSci building on campus with 90sec jog around parking lot asrecvery) - felt tired and crappy. Laegs just never warmed up.
PM: 4miles - felt a lot better

Friday
AM: 4miles - ran in light snow that melt as quicky as it appered
PM: 4.5 mile warm up 10xhoffman park hill (hill is about 55-60sec long and goes from gradual to steep to gradual) cool down until i hit 10 miles for the run. Ran the run in cold/wind/ and pouring rain. Overall workout felt great averaged between 55-60sec per hill which is better than the last time I did this workout which was 2 years ago. The team did less reps in a longer amount of time when we are all in shape.

Sat: 11miles/74mins with Justin. Did Quarry Rd. loop but did a new add on loop that added extra 2 miles or so to the run.

Weekly Total: 89 miles with two good workouts. Overall this was a good week after running 82 the week before. The mileage goal was 90-95 and i almost hit it. I know I would have hit and exceeded without taking sunday supper easy to rest my shin. This weeks goals at to get in around 100 miles, have a good fun race, another workout on thr track, and a tempo/fatleck/hill run also this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment