Sunday, March 1, 2009

Cold Run

I took yesterday off. Its the second saturday I have taken off but I have felt a little flat on a few of my runs so I hope this will fix that problem. I still ended up with 90 miles for the week. I ran with Finch and Tony today and at the start of the run the bank temp said 2 degrees. We did Quarry Loop Extended and ran back to my house to get in 13.5 in 86mins. The run has alot of hills but they are gradual and don't really notice or feel them till you hit the road back into town. Today it was a 20mph cross wind and for 15mins none of us said a word and instead alternated picking up the pace until we got out of the wind and then setteled back into a good rythm.

The pace felt good and was 1.5 mile increase over last weeks sunday moderate run. My goal is to keep increasing (sunday runs/weekly medium pace run) untill I hit 2 hours and/or 20 miles. I also want/will keep this run included after races I am doing through the spring and summer. I few target races I will won;t but the majority I will. Just another step towards the ultimate goal: TC Marathon.

I believe moderate paced/rythem runs (runs slighty slower than tempo and marathon pace) are good training tool to get use to running comfortably at a faster pace over varied terrian and mentaly comfortable at keeping pace when the legs may feel tired like in a marathon. Leading up to the goal marathon, marathon pace will be incorperated into these runs untill marathon paced workouts lasting up to 20miles are completed

Total for last week: 90miles

Sunday: 13.5miles/86mins (6:22 pace)

No comments:

Post a Comment