Tuesday, March 24, 2009

PR and more training

The race went realy well for only my second race since training started in december. I PRed by a minute and ran 27:42. I accomplished one goal but was not able to average 5:30 miles but was close with 5:35. The first half of the race is a graudal up hill and was into a decently strong head wind. I lead a group of 7 runners through the first half of the race and then on the way back the wheels fell off a little and was a able to close in 5:09. mile 3 and 4 were a little rough so I know there is still work to do. I am happy with a minute PR but not satisfied. I want to get faster and run mid 26's for 8k/5mile by either the end of this year or next year at this race. I am also happy I was able to PR off of just base work with little speed work.

Yesterday was just an easy recovery run, but the wind had not let up at all since sunday. Today because it was still windy most of the day I decided to do 12xhoffman park hills. I realized half-way through the workout that I had done hills either as a workout or race the last 3 of 6 days. So next week i will be taking a week off and not doing any hill workout.

Total for last week: 89

Sunday
Human 8k race - 27:34 (5:27, 5:36, 5:43, 5:47, 5:09) Total: 11

Monday
11miles/77mins No PM run because of lighting

Tuesday
AM: 4miles
PM: 12miles 4+ warm up 12x hoffman park hill (55-60sec) 4+ cool down

1 comment:

  1. Nice race Kyle! Your hard work is starting to show! Keep up the hard work!

    ReplyDelete