Monday, January 26, 2009

Ice & Cold

Today was another cold day (last one hopefully). The temp. never got above 5 degrees today. Morning run went ok except the legs took a little longer to warm up than usual. This evening I ran 13 with Justin and two firsts happen on the run. The first was my hands got cold enough we ran past the house half way through the run so i could switch gloves and the other was I had my first fall of the season. I slipped on some black ice but came away with minimal damage. I will see how the knee feels in the morning.

AM: 4 miles
PM: 13 miles/91 mins

Total: 17 miles

This past weekend German Fernandez ran a world junior record in the indoor mile (3:56). What is more amazing is he did this in his first indoor race ever and only 8 weeks after straining his achelies at cross country nationals. Willy Kaul of UW-Oshkosh also ran an impressive time of 8:16 in the 3k. He did this by himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment