Tuesday, January 20, 2009

New Addication

This morning I decided to do my tempo workout on the treadmill at the indoor track. I use to swear off ever running on a treadmill but I have realized it does have value. I did a 3 mile warm u to the indoor track and then hoped on the treadmil for a 3mile tempo at 5:40 pace. The goal was to get in the first good tempo since the summer and I accomplished that mission. The pace felt comfortable. I had planned on doing ome 300's at 3k-5k pace afterwards but decided to skip them since my foot wasn't realy hurting. Ran a 3.5 mile cool down.

I ran an easy 4 this afternoon and my arch really didn't hurt which suprised me since it bugged me all day between runs. I tried a new shoe this afternoon the Nike Air Max Moto. It worked pretty well, very cushioned and may be used for long runs in the future. I am headed over to Floskes tomorrow to get my arch looked at again.

AM: 3 Wup 3 tempo (5:40 pace) 3.5 CD TOTAL: 9.5
PM: 4 mile

Total for the day: 13.5

On a side note wisconsin hosted its first indoor marathon this past weekend. Congrats to all who finished and the fast time by the male winner. http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/37777894.html

No comments:

Post a Comment