Saturday, January 31, 2009

Taste of spring

Today turned out to be a great day to run. The high for the day was 45 and it was nice to put on the shorts and get a break, if only for one day, from winter. I had planned to do a track workout today but because of the nice weather I modified the workout for the roads. The workout was 3x(4x60sec) between 5k-3k pace with 60sec recovery and 2mins recovery between sets. I ran quarry loop for first 9 miles in 54mins then ran an extra 14mins to get in 11 for the day. I finaly hit my first 100 mile week and the goal is to get one or two more in before going down a little in milage for one week.

Total: 11miles (3x(4x60sec))

Weekly Total: 100 miles

A lot of great meets happened across the country this weekend. http://gohuskies.cstv.com/sports/c-track/spec-rel/013009aaa.html. Two performaces stand out to me Dorian Ulrey from Arkansas anchored a school recorded in the dmr friday night and today ran a 7:50 3k, and the other is Jenny Barringer from CU and her 8:53 3k (it was her first race since the olympic steeple chase finals).

No comments:

Post a Comment