Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Treadmill Fun

On paper on workout for the day sounded hard but not crazy. It turned out to be a little tougher than expected. After a 3 mile warm up i hit the treadmill for a 4 tempo around 540 pace. The workout felt tougher than it should have. I finished up with 4x200m at 5k-3k pace with 200m jog recovery and a 10min cool down. I stopped for 30sec at 2 miles to grab a fresh towel to wipe my face.

Ran an easy 4 after work tonight and the run was super easy. The idea was to get the junk out of my legs but I was still feeling the workout and was a little dehydrated even though it was -10 out.

AM: 3 Wup 4 mile tempo( 5:40 pace with last 4 mins progressively faster in katana racers) 4x200m with 200m jog 10min CD
PM: 4 in nike vomero

Total: 14 miles

I think I am going to make tempo/threshold runs a stable of my training. Most likly I will start doing them every over week and the other weeks do a structured fartlek type workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment