Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Another Obstacle

Yesterday was an interesting day. I had decided to do 12x600m with 200m jog either alternating between 10k and 5k pace or first 6 at 10k pace and last 6 at 5k pace. I should up to track at 3 thinking i would get my workout in before the team started theres. Imediatly my "former coach" promptly told me I had to leave cause this time is for athletes. I was pissed he acted like an ass and implied I wasn't an athlete. I decided to screw it and after 4.5 mile warm up did 20xcampus hill in 29:07. Each hill I discovered is just over 200m and the recovery is also just over 200m. Averaged sub 6min miles including recovery which got me excited. I did a 3 mile cool down to get 12.5 in for the day. I later found out that two other former distance runners showed up to the track and one did the teams workout while the other just ran around. Neither of them were asked to leave. The former coach and I had a falling out this past cc season about training ideas and treatment.

Total:12.5 (20xcampus hill 29:07)

Today was a pure recovery day. I didn't wear a watch on either of my runs and instead decided to just run on feel and get in a good recovery from last weeks and yesterdays workout. I ran happly valley and did the 10min climb at moderate pace. I feel doing this hill or one like it after a hard day helps to work the legs/body while also recovering because the rest of run is easy.

AM: 4
PM: 12.5

Total: 16.5 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment