Monday, February 16, 2009

Race and future goals

The race went pretty well but there is room for improvement. I went into the race on tired legs but needed a rust buster. The first 2k was good and I was right on pace 6:20 but after a 40sec 11th lap the group I was with made a quick move in pace and I was unable to respond. The endurence is there but the next gear is still lacking. I ended up running 16:46. Over the next month or so I will keep the mileage up while working on 5k-10k speed to get ready for some track and shorter races in April.

Saturday: 3.5 mile warm up 5k (16:46) 3.5 mile cool down

Weekly Total: 99miles

Sunday I ran in Hudson with Tony and Finch. My right arch was a little soar but it loosen up after about a mile. Once we got rolling I was amazed at how well my legs felt. I can't remember the last time they felt so fresh after a race.

Sunday: 12miles/75mins

Today right arch was still bothering me on and off during the run. Legs felt heavy and after talking to Dr. Floske decided to run once today. Tomorow I will start using some superfeet inserts for the first time in about a year. The inserts will help take soem presure off my arch while it heals.

Monday 12miles/80mins

No comments:

Post a Comment