Sunday, February 1, 2009

The Plan

Yesterday's warm weather meant slipping and sliding on the run this morning. My pace was controlled and I ended up with a 11 in 75mins. I know once the weather stays warmer my really easy days will be 7-710 at the slowest. All the winter running up and down hills and throw snow and over ice is going to lead to faster workouts and races this spring and summer. I am still in my base period and will be through the end of Febuary. The workouts during these weeks will be tempos, progression runs, hill workouts, and fartleks. I may add in some speed under 5k pace like I did saturday only to maintain turn over.

Another goal is to try and get in three weeks in Feb. of 100 or more miles. Marathon training won't begin until mid-May or June depending on what races I decided to do. I know Grandma's 5k in June is a race I am looking forward to and want to win. Stay tune for more training ideas and plans.

Total: 11/75mins

No comments:

Post a Comment